The Davies Family of 4

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Hi All, We would like to introduce ourselves to the site. We are Nathan, Mandie, Jordan (9) and Zach (7) hoping to emigrate to Melbourne. Nathan is a Toolmaker and we hope to get to OZ through the skilled visa. We had his TRA approved in April and sent off our main application in May and no news apart from the acknowledgement letter. Now its just Wait, Wait, Wait!! Love to hear from anyone in similar situation. By the way, We are from Portsmouth.

Mandie

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi

I'm near Southampton, though I'm not involved with skilled visas. My Mum is close to obtaining a Contributory Parent visa.

However, if you would like to meet up for a chew of the cud, it is no distance. I went to a meet up arranged via another forum a few weeks ago. Six or 7 of us met for a Sunday roast in a pub. It was really excellent. LOADS of interesting ideas emerged because with a small group, one can get down to brass tacks and talk. I've been to one other where about 50 people turned up on a Saturday evening. That was just a pointless (and boring) cocktail party, I felt!

Cheers

Gill

Guest Hayley

Hi Mandie and family. Welcome to the site. Where are u planning on heading in melbourne? We are hopefully going to Werribee area. We are applying for a 136 visa. Hubby is a welder. TRA approved, visa app sent and meds and police checks all sent off about 4 weeks ago. Just waiting for that all important yes!!

When are you hoping to be out there for?

Hayley :D

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Hi Hayley, nice to hear from you. We are hoping to go to Werribee or Tarneit we have a cousin there. We thought we might be able to go after Xmas, but it is looking like it might take a bit longer than that!!!

How long did it take from when you sent off your application to being asked to go for medicals?

Mandie & family

Guest Nathan & Mandie
Hi Mandie and family. Welcome to the site. Where are u planning on heading in melbourne? We are hopefully going to Werribee area. We are applying for a 136 visa. Hubby is a welder. TRA approved, visa app sent and meds and police checks all sent off about 4 weeks ago. Just waiting for that all important yes!!

When are you hoping to be out there for?

Hayley :D

Hi Hayley

Nice to hear from you. I hope you get this as we are new to this stuff. We are hoping to go to Werribee or Tarneit as we have a cousin who recently emigrated there and loving it. We thought we could be out after Xmas but it looks like it might be longer from hearing about other applications.

How long did it take to get a Case worker and be asked to go for medicals?

Cheers Mandie

Archived