Does ANZ charge you a monthly fee to have an account with them?

LadyCroft

Sorry if this is answered already but I can't seem to use the right search words to find what I am looking for.

We had an account with ANZ back in 2005 when we were on WHV but closed it when we returned to the UK. They charged us a few dollars a month to have the account so I am just wondering if this is still the case or have most of the banks decided not to charge to have an account these days?

Thanks for any advice with this. I am asking because we have heard that ANZ account holders get 50kg luggage allowance through Emirates and this is who we are going to fly out with.

Yes they charge. We closed our account with them because they charge a few, although the lady who closed my account implied we could have avoided the charges if we worked for certain places, so it may be possible to get free banking with them. We are now with Commonwealth who don't charge if you have so much going in to your account each month, although we only moved to them because they we prepared to give us a mortgage for land when we had only been here a few weeks. I'm pretty sure I've read on here that some of the others have accounts they don't charge for at all.

I was initially charged $5 month for an ANZ account, but i went in and told them I was changing to a bank that did not charge, they removed the monthly charge and I have not paid it since. It was just a matter of changing the name of the account, they do have free accounts, but they are not advertised.

Archived