SS Visa or Skilled migration - whats the difference / rules for each

CowlingAFC

SS is skilled migration. I guess you mean 189 and 190 PR visas?

If you do then 189 is classed as independent and you need to have your occupation on SOL list. There are no restrictions on where you move to and work with a 189. 190 is SS and you can apply for this if your skill is on SOL or CSOL lists. The added advantage is the 190 has a slightly lower processing time (well it did in the past) and if you're short on points then there's 5 points extra for SS. There is a condition attached to 190 though and that is that when you move you spend a minimum 2 years in your sponsoring state. You also need to be on the skills in demand list of the state you want to apply to. Each state publishes its own list on their individual websites.

SS is skilled migration. I guess you mean 189 and 190 PR visas?

If you do then 189 is classed as independent and you need to have your occupation on SOL list. There are no restrictions on where you move to and work with a 189. 190 is SS and you can apply for this if your skill is on SOL or CSOL lists. The added advantage is the 190 has a slightly lower processing time (well it did in the past) and if you're short on points then there's 5 points extra for SS. There is a condition attached to 190 though and that is that when you move you spend a minimum 2 years in your sponsoring state. You also need to be on the skills in demand list of the state you want to apply to. Each state publishes its own list on their individual websites.

Yeah thats the ones pal, and most of that i knew. failed the ielts twice for points, but now realise i should qualify for 190.

spotty dogs

Archived