Introducing myself

Guest Phil Olsen

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Guys

I am the Welsh Migration agent. I have been contributing sporadically to the site, but I haven't introduced myself as such until I had spoken with Tim and agreed that it would be ok. I am a RMA (number 0637276).

A bit about me.

I am from Swansea originally. I have worked and lived in a number of places in the world but am now settled in Perth Australia.

I migrated to Perth 10 yaers ago with my wife and children (best move I ever made - I love it here). I have 2 children aged 12 and 15 (girl and boy). I have been lucky enough to have work or lived in every capital city in Australia, and I am familiar with living, working and the different cultures in those places (yes, there are different cultures in each state).

I have been a partner in a migration consultancy until recently and I have now decided to establish my own practice. I am also a Chartered Accountant and qualified engineer. My practice is called iMigrate Australia.

Look forward to contributing.

best wishes

Phil Olsen

Guest Barry Winston

Dear Phil.

My wife and I and our two son (2 years and 10 weeks) are looking at migrating to either Adelaide or Geelong in Victoria. Any advice you can give on either place re lifestyle, suburbs, schools living costs and real estate would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Barry Winston

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Barry

Geelong is West of Melbourne and is towards the coastal beaches. It is a fair drive into Melbourne. It does have one of the best schools in the country. For me, the weather in Victoria is too variable (they say you can get 4 seasons in 1 day). Having said that, it would be my second choice of city in which to live in Oz. Vic is very cosmipolitan and the closest to European living. They are CRAZY about sport in that State.

SA - the wineries are close by in the Barossa Valley. It is a city founded around teh car industry mainly - lovely place, but a bit too quiet for me. It is the City of Churches. Lovely beaches near Glenelg, 2 good Aussie Rules foooty teams and a laid back lifestyle. There are mines nearby (Olympic Dam) which are benefitting from the resources boom.

Why are you deciding on these 2 locations so that i have a better feel for what you are after and can add more comments?

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Archived