IELTS and points system?

casson35

Hi all, been in Perth 3 weeks now and have decided to get my application for permanent residency under way.

My main concern is getting enough points on the speaking part of the test with my thick Cornish accent and slightly thick brain:wacko:. Who has managed to get 8's across the board?

I need to get 8's across the board to receive 20 points, which will give me 65 points in total. That brings me to my next question. As the independent application cue is based on points, am I likely to ever get an invitation with 65 points? I wouldn't mind going for state sponsorship but would rather the freedom of working in any state.

Thanks, Tom

Hi all, been in Perth 3 weeks now and have decided to get my application for permanent residency under way.

My main concern is getting enough points on the speaking part of the test with my thick Cornish accent and slightly thick brain:wacko:. Who has managed to get 8's across the board?

I need to get 8's across the board to receive 20 points, which will give me 65 points in total. That brings me to my next question. As the independent application cue is based on points, am I likely to ever get an invitation with 65 points? I wouldn't mind going for state sponsorship but would rather the freedom of working in any state.

Thanks, Tom

There are some that pretty much get 9's across the board for IELTS, practice is the key for many people, there are free online sites and pay-for courses geared for this.

Thanks Tee, I'm going to print some practice papers out today and start practising and I may get a tutor for the speaking part.

I see your a migration agent; you may be able to answer another question for me if its not too much trouble.

To get a positive skills assessment I need to have worked for at least 12 months out of the last 2 years in my nominated trade. From April 2011 to April 2012 I was in New Zealand on a working holiday and only worked 8 months out of the 12. I have also been travelling for 5 months this year so I do not have the 12 months needed. The working holiday in New Zealand was organised and part funded by my employers in the UK and I was still on the books with them for the year so technically still employed. I have a letter from them stating I started in August 2004 and left in December 2012 with no mention of the gap. Would this be suitable to use as evidence for the skills assessment and visa application with no pay slips to back up the whole time. Or is there another way around this considering my circumstances? Once I have worked here for 3 months I will have the full 12 months needed so I will wait until then if there is no other way. It would be really good to get the ball rolling straight away though.

Im looking for a migration agent and having a look at your website at the moment so you may get a call shortly :)

Archived