ANMAC query

Lynsey9

Hi guys, I have another query :wacko: sorry.........

We have now decided to go for the 190 PR visa route and This is where i am at the moment (which isn't far) :biggrin:

As I haven't got an up to date passport which i need to book my IELTS test I am booked in at the passport office for a premium service weds morning.

then I am booking my ILETS for the 7th Sept as I need extra points for the visa.

then I was gonna apply for the skills assessment with ANMAC when i receive my results however I have been looking on here at a few posts and apparently the wait on the skills assessment is around 16-18weeks! Am I able to apply to ANMAC now before my Ielts results so I can get the process started!?

Thanks in advance

lynsey :cool:

U need ielts result before anmac can be sent. U also need ielts sent directly to anmac. ( this is stage I am at... Waiting for ielts results. In the mean time u can get form from nmc in relation to declaring registration and get ur references from work. Work on cv and cpd for ahpra stage so when ready for next stage u will have some info gathered.

Hi Lyndsey,

I did my IELTS in May 2011 and untill recently DIAC accepted the validity for 2 years only. I read in DIAC website that the validity for IELTS will be for 3 years now. Suspecting any problems before applying for my ANMAC full skills assessment I wrote to ANMAC on 15th of May asking if they would accept my IELTS result which was done on 28th May 2011. The response was no! as at the time of the application the result should be valid.I expressed my amazement at how are they not following DIAC's conditions, but the answer was again, they have their own rules!!!!:mad:

I asked the IELTS examining body to send my result to ANMAC even before starting the application which they did the very next day. I booked to do IELTS again on the 8th of June as I did not want them to fail my assessment.I sent my ANMAC application on the 21st of May which they received on the 28th. The initial assessment was done on 4th of June and guess what, they told me that all the documents were in correct order.....not a beep about the validity of my IELTS!!!! I guess they decided to follow DIAC guidelines afterall. Since I did not trust them, I did IELTS again as booked on the 8th of June and passed it on 21st of June.:laugh:

I am still waiting 12+ weeks on for LOD. Fingers crossed.

I would advise you to start the application and do the IELTS as you plan shortly afterwards as it will save loads of time.Just remember after the initial assessment, your application sits on the queuing system for 12 weeks minimum anyways!!

Also,it is a MUST to get score of 7 on each modules which I am sure you are aware of.

Hope that you find it helpful.:wink:

Smitty

Archived