dentist cost

Peteoak1277

My family and i are intending to emmigrate to Perth in a couple of months. My plan is to get fairly good health insurance and extras (dental) for family. The problem ive got is that I have recently attended the dentist in the Uk and my dentist advised me that one of my crowns needed to be replaced within a year costing over £300. If i waited until i get to Australia and took out dental insurance which covers major work, would i be able to claim for my new crown.????????????????// thanks

Generally speaking, depending on the provider there is sometimes a 12 month waiting period for major dental services.

Best to take a look at the extras covers that different providers offer and check whether crowns are classified as major dental and look for any waiting periods associated with this.

Some providers include Bupa, Medibank, Imann, Ahm, Australian Unity etc.

As a dentist working in Oz, my advice would be get it done in the uk. Crowns are $1400-1700 pre rebate and rebates are not good for crowns. Between $400-800 depending on the insurance. Dentistry is expensive here so get yourself dentally fit before you come and invest in prevention i.e brushing and flossing!

Thanks for the advise.... Just booked an appointment with a dentist :)

Good I was also going to say that you definitely should get this done before you move. In fact I think a dental check (and enough time for follow ups) should be on every migrants moving checklist!

Archived