Financial advice

oldun

Good morning, has anyone used either Montfort International or Prismxpat for financial advice before (or during or after) emigrating? I have been searching for a good company (in UK) and these seem to be quite good. If not, has anyone any other recommendations?

cheers.

We used Monfort and were pretty happy with them. They cover things other than just pensions, which a lot of other places seem to just do. I believe that the money is made in transferring the pensions but we've decided not to transfer ours at the moment. Monfort advised us mine wasn't worth transferring and gave us all the pros and cons of transferring my OHs. We've decided to hold off for now because his is a final salary pension which has quite a few benefits and we are not sure at the moment if we will retire here or in the UK. The other advice and information we got from them was helpful as well, although they were sometimes a bit slow in getting back to us about things.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting back to me. The information I will be after will cover transferring pensions, best way of using funds (lump sum), advice on the (means tested) pension I believe I could claim after 10 years. There will probably be other questions as well, but basically all aspects of financial advice to ensure the best transition on emigrating.

cheers

We used Monfort and were pretty happy with them. They cover things other than just pensions, which a lot of other places seem to just do. I believe that the money is made in transferring the pensions but we've decided not to transfer ours at the moment. Monfort advised us mine wasn't worth transferring and gave us all the pros and cons of transferring my OHs. We've decided to hold off for now because his is a final salary pension which has quite a few benefits and we are not sure at the moment if we will retire here or in the UK. The other advice and information we got from them was helpful as well, although they were sometimes a bit slow in getting back to us about things.

Very many thanks for getting back to me. They sound just what I need.

cheers

Dear All,

We used Nicholas Bond at Global Qrops Ltd http://www.globalqrops.com. The advice was excellent, his knowledge of both markets was good and we requested a report to be produced.

We now have peace of mind, before our move and we do not have to act straight away.

Independent Financial advice has an expense but we already know that the small cost compared to the total move budget will be paid back with better investments and pension advice.

BB

Archived