Travelling alone and want to make friends

Sam Rose Williams

Hey :3

i am going to be travelling to Australia by the end of March next year.

I am hoping to make friends with people who want to go at the same time as me or people that have already been so we can discuss lots about all the experiences available.

this forum already looks like a good resource but if anyone lives near the Pompey area and are interested in the same adventure it would be good just to hang and discuss it together.

as a lot of the people here are not very inspiring to hang and chat to now.

i am 26 years old and just want to live my life. Have a great experience and hope to achieve as much as possible.

it would be great to meet some amazing people :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sam,

I'm already out in aus in the adelaide hills area staying with friends but im going to be in melbourne in march 2014 for the grand prix and then travelling up the east coast stopping off at various places. if you decide to go to melbourne in march im sure we cana beer and maybe closer to the time more people will be willing to meet up. As for mobile

Does anyone know of good hostel websites???

And what do we do regarding mobile tariffs?

Hostelbookers is pretty good, tbh just google hostel websites and you'll find them, and then once you've found one you can just contact the hostel directly if you want, there's no difference in price from booking from a website to booking direct I noticed.

Regarding tariffs, just walk down the highstreet of the city you arrive in there will be telia, optus, vodafone shops there, telia has the best coverage overall but it is the most expensive, optus is what I had, was good in the cities, got a little bit patchy on the road but was fine for everything and cost $30 a month for all the calls, texts and internet I needed. Vodafone I've only heard terrible things about so I'd avoid them.

Hey Sam,

I'm already out in aus in the adelaide hills area staying with friends but im going to be in melbourne in march 2014 for the grand prix and then travelling up the east coast stopping off at various places. if you decide to go to melbourne in march im sure we cana beer and maybe closer to the time more people will be willing to meet up. As for mobile

I'm going to be in Melbourne for the Grand Prix too. Heading there end of Jan I think for Australia Day then St Kilda festival, then Soundwave at the end of Feb and the the Grand Prix.

I'm going to be in Melbourne for the Grand Prix too. Heading there end of Jan I think for Australia Day then St Kilda festival, then Soundwave at the end of Feb and the the Grand Prix.

Cool, If you're into motorsport then you should check out clipsal 500 in adelaide. Hopefully more people will come on this forum who are heading to melbourne and we can have a pomsinoz meet up.

hey fellow stokie here heading out to oz in november / december. will be in melbourne in january for the australian open and haven't planned any further ahead than that. be cool to meet up with someone from home if i'm still there in march

That would be good, will try and organize something closer to March. where will you be in nov/dec??

Archived