Meet New Friends in Mornington?

Samdavies

Hi, My husband and I moved to Melbourne last November and since March we moved to Mount Martha (near Bentons Square)/Mornington area and are looking to meet new friends. Our son, who is 18 recently joined us and is looking for friends to play soccer. We are in our early 40's and hope to find some friends that we can go for coffee, drinks, barbies etc. I miss my friends back in the UK and miss going out shopping with them and meeting for lunch etc. We know lots of poms are in our area but do not know how to meet up or if there are any clubs to join? We work in the city during the week but need some social activities at the weekend. If anyone would like to meet up please let me know. Thanks.

Quite a few ladies used to go to a fitness group run near Bentons Square by a fellow Brit. You could ask around or there may be a notice up. There are a lot of soccer clubs around the area such as Baxter, Mornington, Langwarrin, just google up the clubs and see which one you fancy.

Hi - we also left UK for Melbourne in Nov and moved to the Bentons Square area in March. Quite a few Brits in this area ... usually found reminiscing at the British section in Woolies! Can't help with soccer for your 18 year old son, ours is 16 and decided to hang up his boots when we left the UK. It's quite an awkward age for new arrivals - is he going to school here or did he finish up before you came out? If you want to meet for a coffee and a chat, feel free to PM us, we're not short of good cafes in Mornington.

\

Hi, My husband and I moved to Melbourne last November and since March we moved to Mount Martha (near Bentons Square)/Mornington area and are looking to meet new friends. Our son, who is 18 recently joined us and is looking for friends to play soccer. We are in our early 40's and hope to find some friends that we can go for coffee, drinks, barbies etc. I miss my friends back in the UK and miss going out shopping with them and meeting for lunch etc. We know lots of poms are in our area but do not know how to meet up or if there are any clubs to join? We work in the city during the week but need some social activities at the weekend. If anyone would like to meet up please let me know. Thanks.

Try www.langwarrinsoccerclub.org.au for info on soccer players. I know that they have had a few Poms play there over the years, so worth a look at. Also got a decent social setup I heard. The ground is located about a 15 minute drive from where you live.

Archived