Help..Container/costs

Guest trev

Hi, my family and i are moving to Brisbane From Buckinghamshire at the end of november and have just received a quote from a company to ship a 20ft container from my door to brisbane port only. at a cost of £1.560.00 + VAT. which i think is good ( Dynamic International ) can anyone tell me if there will be any any hidden extras that might occure or what do i do when the container arrives in brisbane... will i have fees to pay to the australian authorities or import taxes..any help or advice would be greatly received

Regards Trev

Trev,

Insurance..3% of the value of goods,

Additional customes and excercise costs in Oz and probabl some other bits and bobs - I'd add anothe 1000 for this lot....

Guest gazoberg

had a quote for roughly the same, ended up being about an extra £1000, youd be surprised how much stuf you end up taking and how many boxes it takes to pack it !

thanks everyone,

i have had a few quotes, the most expensive being £3.800.00 + VAT. but that was door to door, it was a recognised company but the one i mentioned as the cheapest are only up the road from me, and if i can save as much money as i can i would rather go with the cheapest ( just have to hope it arrives) but how can you compare.... is there any one out there that have used this company.....

Regards Trev

Archived