Leaving soon...What to take?

fio78

Hi everyone, this is my first post. Basically we are moving to Perth in a couple of months time and shipping our belongings in a sole use container. We will have space and wondered if there are any things we should be getting/replacing before we come? We are currently looking at buying a bed and dining table as prices seem more competitive over here in UK. Are we making the right decision in your opinion? Also are there any toiletries etc we should stock up on?

Thanks in advance

:biggrin:

Officially you have to have owned something for over a year otherwise you have to pay import tax. Saying that I've just bought a new sofa and dyson and mattress so need to make sure they look used but really clean!! Shipping my stuff mid September. Not sure about toiletries .....

Bring everything. As long as it is not in a brand new box you will be fine. We had to be very careful as I had a mixer brought for me 2 years ago. There was a mincer attachment with it which I had never used and was still in its box. We took it out as we did not want to risk being charged, even though it had been owned over a year. In the end they were only interested in our garden stuff and flambeing my nativity set.

Archived