Tanilba Bay

nickdodd79

Hi fellow pommers,

Myself and the family (wife, 3 yo + bump) are looking to move over to the Port Stephens area in about a month - we are currently living near East Maitland. As such we are looking at the rentals market, mainly around Nelson/Salamander Bay. I work in Taylors Beach, so have managed to scope out the local area during my lunch breaks.

One thing I have noticed though is that Tanilba Bay seems to be coming in a bit cheaper than Nelson/Salamander Bay. Having not had the chance to head over there (and probably won't before we move), I was wondering what peoples opinion of the area was. Is it a good place to to raise a 3 yo and a new arrival (due in December)? Is it a bit isolated?

Thanks in advance.

Nick.

Guest Ptp113
Hi fellow pommers,

Myself and the family (wife, 3 yo + bump) are looking to move over to the Port Stephens area in about a month - we are currently living near East Maitland. As such we are looking at the rentals market, mainly around Nelson/Salamander Bay. I work in Taylors Beach, so have managed to scope out the local area during my lunch breaks.

One thing I have noticed though is that Tanilba Bay seems to be coming in a bit cheaper than Nelson/Salamander Bay. Having not had the chance to head over there (and probably won't before we move), I was wondering what peoples opinion of the area was. Is it a good place to to raise a 3 yo and a new arrival (due in December)? Is it a bit isolated?

Thanks in advance.

Nick.

Anywhere mentioned will be better than East Maitland!!

Archived