ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stefan

Hi All!

Guest Stefan

Hello Everyone!

I was in Australia in June/July for a holiday, and loved it so much I want to go back - for longer.

I'm 29, single, no dependants, so have decided to get away from the 9-5 grind I have been doing for the last 7 years. I have a year long working holiday visa, and my intention is to spend 2006 in Australia.

However I don't want to be a typical 'gap year' traveller - I want to live and work in one place for the majority of the time.

I can't decide where to go though - I've narrowed it down to Perth or Sydney. Any suggestions?

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest Steve G

I can't decide where to go though - I've narrowed it down to Perth or Sydney. Any suggestions?

Brisbane!! :? :? :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's no doubt, Sydney would provide for a more exciting experience for someone your age. Perth is a great place for the slower, more relaxed family feel, similar to how Sydney was in the 70's & how many poms who have only ever lived in Perth perceive the whole of Aus to still to be. :lol:

Living at Sydney will also give you cheaper and alot faster access to the other states/New Zealand for holidays (From Perth it's quicker & cheaper to fly to Sinagpore than the Eastern cities of Aus).

But I suppose at the end of the day, you've been to both cities already, and if you can't choose between the two you could easily live in each for 6 months.