Qrops

Hey there guys,

I'm in the process of writing an article about QROPS and how difficult and confusing it can be for someone with no background in international tax laws (i.e. most people) to organise their pension when moving overseas from the UK.

I would love a bit of input from you all about your experience. If you would like to post here with a bit of a rant or whatever you like it would be greatly appreciated.

Im not sure if you know but the HMRC are in a spot of legal bother at the moment because of overcomplicated and misleading QROPS regulations so being able to quote someone who is suffering at the hands of these problems would really help us out with raising awareness.

Thanks so much, Sam.

Hi Sam

Not sure if you meant to post in this section but your post might be better placed in the Money and Finance section http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/money-finance/ (not sure if one of the Mods can move it?)

This section is for members to ask me questions re UK Pension Transfers to Oz but you are asking members a question so less likely to be seen here.

In any event I am not sure that you will get much feedback on this topic, I assume you are referring to the ROSIIP Singapore QROPS and the High Courts interaction http://www.international-adviser.com/news/retirement/rosiip-investors-granted-permission-to-take?

Generally any members on here are likely to have transferred to an Oz QROPS if they have transferred their Pension and as far as I am aware HMRC have no issue with the Australian QROPS process currently.

I would say that in the main people transferring to Australia are doing it in the way HMRC intended QROPS transfers to occur and are using the monies for the right purposes i.e their retirement income.

Good luck with your article Sam and just out of interest where will the article be published?

Kind regards

Andy