457 medicals

Guest shez

Hi

Just wondering if anyone could help me out with info on medicals for 457 visas. I believe my hubby and myself will just need x-rays. Does that mean they do not check our wieght or blood pressure or anything like that. If we get round to doing them we will be doing them in Manchester. Bit worried about my wieght you see.

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Guest billy braveheart

everyone going into a school or hospital environment needs full meds others only need xrays so your weight wont be a prob,however If u plan on going for permanent visa once youre here you need to get medicals done in oz

hope this helps ease ure fears

well a bit anyway

billy

Guest freckles

you will need full medicals including x-ray. Weight is generally not a problem as long as your general health is good...dont worry about it just do it.you have not got anything to loose

Guest billy braveheart
you will need full medicals including x-ray. Weight is generally not a problem as long as your general health is good...dont worry about it just do it.you have not got anything to loose

Not on a 457 visa

only x rays are required unless as i said in previous post you are going into a school or hospital environment

Hi Shez,

As Billy said you only need full medicals if you are going to work in a school as a teacher or into medical jobs as we are out on a 457 and i needed a full medical & X-ray as i am a Residential Support Worker for the disability and my husband only needed the X-ray as he is only in admin work

and kids had to just have full medicals as they will be going to school but didnt need X-rays but yes you will need full medicals when applying for PR but i have been working with a collegue who is on the over weight side and she has just got her PR so shouldnt worry too much, keep us posted how you go on :yes::v_SPIN:

Thanks for the replies,

It puts my mind at rest a little. I am however hoping to go into study after we arrive in oz but I am hoping I can redo my medical for that there. Any one any ideas if I will be able to do that.

OH is going to Perth in 10 days for a recci and staying with my uncle who has made some contacts for him to go and see with a possibility to a 457 sponsor. He is also going to visit friends he has there as he has been over three times already and loves the place.

Keep fingers crossed for us.

Will let everyone know how he gets on.

Archived