What pension information do I need before leaving UK

Guest Macadamia

Guest Macadamia

I currently have 3 pensions (although I have only worked for 1 company!) and my wife has a NHS pension. What information do we need to collect before leaving the UK in order to transfer the pensions into a super when we arrive?

Do I just need the name, address and account number or do I need anything else?

Thanks,

Hi

Yes that is pretty much the information you will need however the process of transferring is not quite as straight forward.

What I would say is that there is no rush to transfer and you should only consider transferring your Pensions to Oz once you feel you will be remaining here.

When/if you do get to this point it is then advisable to take professional advice on this matter so that you understand all of the implications involved, the 2 systems do differ more so when comparing Australian Super against an NHS final salary scheme so you should be fully clued up on what you are giving up if you are looking to transfer.

For some it might be appropriate and for others it may not.

This thread might help as well http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/pension-transfers-ask-vista/169401-uk-pension-transfers-information-thread.html

Kind regards

Andy