Perfumes/Lotions and Potions ?

LojaChica

Apologise for the somewhat "Girly" post BUT having had a Special Birthday recently I have been spoiled with a huge amount of new Perfume, Body lotion etc all Elizabeth Arden & Clarins stuff so not cheap HOWEVER can anyone advise me if there are any rules on taking this stuff? I've noticed that Shipping Agents have a restriction on Perfume so can I take it in hold luggage? OR do I have to give it away:sad: How shallow am I worrying about this when I've got far more important things to stress about:embarrassed: Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Guest FamFive

Hi

Our shipping agents advised us that if perfume or any other lotiions, potions are not half empty then they are fine on the ship. However wrap them up very well away from anything that could get damaged if they leak etc., - areosols are not allowed due to being flamable.

I let all my unused toiletries and perfumes go into the container. Any which I have been using kept out to put in my luggage (not allowed in cabin luggage but ok to go into handled luggage) just again wrap them well, as they do get thrown about!

Hope this helps Jo - if you have anymore questions please feel free to PM me no matter how silly it sounds, as i was on telephone to our shipping agents every two mins with all kinds of questions lol

Im just quite a thorough person and like to know all the answers and information on all

So keep all that lovely birthday perfume! Best wishes

Ellie

:wubclub:

THANKYOU Ellie for your reply.......................most helpful! Feel a bit better now! I was worried about posting it as it seems an unimportant thing to discuss in the grand scheme of things! Sure some of the blokes will read and go "typical B***** Woman"! Now I need to get my priorities right and get some serious research done lol! We are going a month after you (Hopefully)and I haven't booked ANYTHING yet as we are still waiting for 1 Visa to be issued! Panicking? You bet!

Thanks again for the advice

Hold luggage is "what you check in" eg:32kg Suitcase etc etc.................Shipping? NO! I don't think it will go "mouldy" as it's a sealed bottle.......................OBVIOUSLY just make sure that what you pack is packed well so it doesn't leak whichever way you do it! God I sound so knowledgeable! I'm NOT....................it was Ellie who gave me all this advice lol!

Guest Australia

Hey there, where bouts is Randwick is it near Newcastle? As thats where my Hubbie and I r thinking of goin.

Know what ya mean bout perfumes etc.. a girl has to have her essentials!!!:spinny:

Hi Australia and Chellem

Thanks for your replies!

Chelle! Don't know about allowances SORRY BUT yes you can buy Perfume Duty Free...................."Hold Luggage"? You are so funny! I'm NOT posh.........used to work for Northwest Airlines! "Hold" is what goes in the belly of the plane!..............Australia............Randwick is a suburb of NSW...............I'm only just getting my bearings BUT it is near to Kingsford, Coogee, Maroubra, Bondi etc etc...............hope this gives you an idea? Where is Newcastle? See! That's how much I know lol!

Thanks for your replys Girls........................appreciate it

Archived