Cairns work & lifestyle

Cairnswanabe

Hi there. We currently live in perth and have done for the last 4 years but would love to live in cairns which we have visited a few times. We are considering upping sticks and moving over there. Can anyone tell me what the job scene (unemployment rate is) and what he schools/area is like around redlynch for 3 primary kids to live?

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi welcome to the forum.

Firstly what do you do for a living? If its IT forget it.

Redlynch and Redlynch Valley are beautiful areas and you have two of the best schools there, Redlynch State prep to Yr 12 and St Andrews Catholic School Kindy - Yr 12.

​You also have Freshwater Christian College a stones throw away. In Redlynch you have a Woolworths, newsagents, post office, Drs, hairdressers, Dominos, MC Donald's, Gym, Futsal Halls etc. The city is 20 minutes drive or you can get to Smithfield in 10 minutes.

I work in finance and hubby works in food retail although he has recently been made redundant. Hence we think now is a good time to go. However don't know if cairns has enough job prospects and it would be a big risk for us moving if we can't get work. My eldest son is yr5 so would like to pick a real family place where they can make friends and play safely outside. Perth has the jobs but we don't feel like we are living the Australian dream (or what we thought it would be)

Archived