Off to Newcastle NSW

Kentclan

Well after about 10 years planning, 2 withdrawn Visa's and a host of other problems, I finally arraive in Newcastle late July/early August.

I resigned from my UK role to take up a role with the same company in Australia. Looks like I have been very lucky, got a fairly well paid job as a service engineer, with a car and also a cracking relocation package and a 457 Visa all sorted.

The wife is looking for a part time job just to meet a few new faces etc.

Lots of paperwork to finish and rent the house out, then we are out of here. I will have a month in Australia before she arrives and then she will follow. Got to get lots done and find a good rental so need to know if I need anything before I arrive. I have heard stories of people having to complete a portfolio before they can rent? Do I need this? Whats in it?

Anyone know of the bad areas to stay away from?

Cant wait for a new phase in our lives to begin......

Hi Kentclan

we are off to Newcastle next month. There is a great Facebook site called expats in the hunter which is great for local knowledge. Where will you be working?

Working for Philips Medical as a service engineer. So will be in any Hospital with Philips kit. I only do Xray and mammography at present, but due to the area I will be covering got lots of training ahead of me in Ultrasound, MRI and CT. Have requested to join the facebook group

Archived