Open Ticket

tonycrfc1

WHV has just been granted and im now looking at ways to book flights...

is there a possibilty of an open ticket??

also need help what should I do i have 2 situations...

my mate currently stays in Melbourne and has said if I come before xmas then me and him can go do some travelling for a few days up to the great barrier reef etc(he's been travelling before in 07 and never returned so know all about it)

my mate gets two weeks of at xmas so that coudl help me and give me a good start.

or

a few of my mates are going to thailand for new year, i was thinking about going with them for 2 weeks then just flying straight to oz from bangkok and starting my travels in oz from middle of january

HELPPP?? what should i do

You can have an open ticket with some airlines as long as you return within 12 months of your outward flight - basically you book a return date a year away and then they won't charge you if you need to bring it forward. Please check the small print before you do this as many do charge for changes. Maybe look at one of the student travel agencies such as STA as they would be used to this kind of request.

​NWM

Guest lulum1986

I would go with your mates and go to Thailand then go to Oz on your own. That way you can make friends straight away when you can get to oz, people in same boat as you.

Archived