Uploading documents Skills select

Lou8670

We have been invited to apply for a 189 Visa and are in the process of uploading our documents (which is proving frustrating!)

It is not clear when loading documents which evidence type you have to assign to each of them and whether you have to upload them more than once to meet the different evidence types. For example, do you have to load the marriage certificate to prove relationship and also to prove the wife's name change or do you only have to load this once and if so under which evidence type?

Also when we try to load the children's passports it is not clear which evidence type they should be loaded against. Does anyone know?

Has anyone had experience of this who can advise?

We have been invited to apply for a 189 Visa and are in the process of uploading our documents (which is proving frustrating!)

It is not clear when loading documents which evidence type you have to assign to each of them and whether you have to upload them more than once to meet the different evidence types. For example, do you have to load the marriage certificate to prove relationship and also to prove the wife's name change or do you only have to load this once and if so under which evidence type?

Also when we try to load the children's passports it is not clear which evidence type they should be loaded against. Does anyone know?

Has anyone had experience of this who can advise?

We uploaded passport twice for other members of family. Once for passport, and once for english ability.

Uploaded name change documents (deed poll) where required, but not marriage certificate for this purpose.

Marriage certificate was uploaded for proof of relationship.

Children's passports went under 'Travel Document' - Passport.

We are using the checklist but its not clear if you have to load documents more than once against different evidence types and was also unclear for the Children's passports. The site was also playing up and kicking us out and didn't show my birth certificate as being loaded. We loaded it again and still didn't show. Ended up loading it 4 times then suddenly it showed as being loaded 4 times!!!!

You earlier comments really help so thank you.

Do you know if you can remove documents if they have been loaded in error?

We are using the checklist but its not clear if you have to load documents more than once against different evidence types and was also unclear for the Children's passports. The site was also playing up and kicking us out and didn't show my birth certificate as being loaded. We loaded it again and still didn't show. Ended up loading it 4 times then suddenly it showed as being loaded 4 times!!!!

You earlier comments really help so thank you.

Do you know if you can remove documents if they have been loaded in error?

Ahh yes, the blank screens etc. Once I got past the blank screens, I only had a problem with uploading one document, and ended up uploading it twice. I couldn't see a way to delete it, it looked like once uploaded you could not alter.

I figured where it showed a document as 'required' such as proof of english language, it would do no harm to upload passport pages again. (It's the only proof we have) I read in the guidance notes that you had a limit of a maximum of 60 documents, but I uploaded around 65 without any problem. I probably didn't need to do the childrens' language ability, I think it's just for the other applicant. The baby doesn't speak at all yet, so seemed pointless, but it ticked the boxes so sent them anyway.

Have you tried using Google chrome as your browser when working with the system? After a few battles with it, I did eventually complete the application, but could not download the med referral letters. I saw on here someone else suggested using google chrome. I tried that and accessed them no problem.

Brilliant. We'll have a go at uploading the remaining documents tonight. At the moment though we are uploading documents using the 'upload' button at the top right of the page as the documents required are not all listed with an 'upload' button next to them.

Archived