Changing functional English status of dependents after submitting visa application

HaroonRauf

Hi!

Quick question, I am about to submit a visa application (skilled independent) after having received an invitation to apply.

I want to include my wife and mother as dependents who will migrate with me. The online application form is asking me to declare whether wife/mother have functional English (IELTS 4.5). As of now, they haven't attempted IELTS.

I was just wondering:

1- Should I get them to give IELTS now and submit my application once they receive their required scores (hopefully within the 2-month timeframe I have)

2- Should I just go ahead and declare they do not have functional English and submit the application? Later on, when they clear the IELTS, then before the granting of visa or at the point of time they may ask for the additional AUD 4,250, I can then submit a form 1022 for change in circumstances and declare through it that the dependents now have functional English and send them certified TRF's of IELTS.

Is the second scenario possible? Do they accept this kind of change in circumstances? Or will a non-functional English of dependents create a higher risk of refusal of visa plus a mandatory AUD 4,250 even though the dependents clear IELTS later?

Hi!

Quick question, I am about to submit a visa application (skilled independent) after having received an invitation to apply.

I want to include my wife and mother as dependents who will migrate with me. The online application form is asking me to declare whether wife/mother have functional English (IELTS 4.5). As of now, they haven't attempted IELTS.

I was just wondering:

1- Should I get them to give IELTS now and submit my application once they receive their required scores (hopefully within the 2-month timeframe I have)

2- Should I just go ahead and declare they do not have functional English and submit the application? Later on, when they clear the IELTS, then before the granting of visa or at the point of time they may ask for the additional AUD 4,250, I can then submit a form 1022 for change in circumstances and declare through it that the dependents now have functional English and send them certified TRF's of IELTS.

Is the second scenario possible? Do they accept this kind of change in circumstances? Or will a non-functional English of dependents create a higher risk of refusal of visa plus a mandatory AUD 4,250 even though the dependents clear IELTS later?

I was in a similar situation earlier on in my application, a dependant on my application have not written IELTS even though he was doing a Diploma, I just declared that he has functional english and submitted his IELTS TRF four months later. In essence, I do not believe that having the IELTS ready is a point of application requirement for secondary applicants, just submit your application as you will have time to submit it in the future without qualms. Best of luck with your application!

Archived