190 Visa - mismatching education and work experience

Hi,

I plan to apply for General Skilled Migration Visa under subclass 190. I would like to apply as a Software Tester

I have completed my Bachelors of Engineering (BE) in Electronics and Telecommunication from India. I have an experience of 5 years in Information technology in India as a Software Tester.

Is it true that a minimum of 6 years of work exp is required for candidates like me whose educational qualification (degree) and work experience does not match???

If yes then I have to continue my job for one more year, else I can apply for visa 190.

Guest dugles

Dear,

Calculate your points .. if its 60 or above without considering work exp, then get ur qualifications assessed by engineers aus and go ahead. else try to get more points by IELTS 7 each.

This is not true that 6 years will / give exumpt you from background qualification.

Many people dont claim points for work. But your nominated occupation will be Electronics Engineers or may be Telecommunication Engineers based on your chapters on CDR report to Engineers Australia.