Hi everyone

himali

Hi All,

I'm new to this site,I'm a sri lankan,My husband and I are planning to move to australia by september 2013(Currently we are proccessing the visa for subclass 189),We both are in the IT field,Appreciate if you could help us on the following questions we have.

Is it posible to find a job soon in australia(My husband is a Java engineer and I'm a test engineer)?

In which area of melbourne we could find IT jobs?

If we are to rent a unit,which suburbs are safe to live?

Cost of living in melbourne

Alrady too many questions to ask :)

Thank You,

Himali

Hi Himali

You will probably get a better response posting your question in the Victoria section or on the PIO sister site http://www.lifeinvictoria.com/ where people living in Melbourne are more likely to look than here in the Welcome section.

Melbourne covers a very large area and suburbs in which you might live are probably more directed to where you find work. I think many of the IT industry works closer to the CBD, I am sure there are other hot spots for IT work as well.

Safe suburbs are also a relative term and it depends what you are comparing it too. Because Melbourne is so large it is hard to suggest. On the sister site I don't think there is anyone who has had a problem with where they have chosen to live due to safety reasons?

Good luck

Tee

Archived