457 visa

Guest shez

Hi

We have been trying to secure a 457 visa for oh over here in the UK. Unfortunatly replies from companies are very thin on the ground. We were wondering if in peoples opinion if he would be best going over to PERTH and trying to see companies with his c.v and certificates face to face. Are firms open for people walking in of the street asking for sponsorship or would it be a waste of time.

He is a time seved, experienced, coded pipe fitter welder/ fabricator.

Has anyone done this and secured a 457 visa this way.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Hi Shez, well we came out on a 457 company sponsored visa and it fell through 3 times, the 3rd time they wanted to know how commited i was so i flew out to Sydney to visit them and it helped as i also shipped the paper work back and fourth between the company and the agent they used to make things quicker, unfortunately it fell through with this company about 4 weeks after landing back in the UK by finding out they were going bust but when i rang this company i am with now they werent too sure until i said i flew out to show commitment and that all my paperwork was in Sydney with an agent all ready to lodge of which then made a huge difference and an now working for them so i do think yes it does make a big difference as it shows how much you do want it, thats my opinion but everybody is different :spinny::v_SPIN::yes:

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi Shez

Dont give up we had alot of hassle getting a sponsor but it will happen. If you search the members list for my hubbys name (billy braveheart) you will see the hassles we had. But we are now here in Perth. Is hubbys skills on the demand list?

Good Luck

Janette

Guest annawavellsmith

Hi,

I'm an Aussie who was living in London till Dec 07. I am trying to get my English boyfriend out on the 457 visa too. Please let me know if you find out anything and I will do the same. He is CIMA qualified accountant looking for work in Brisbane.

Anna

Guest dave&donna

Hello Shez

we haven't got our visas or anything yet but we are hoping to go on a 457 visa and we (being the royal we that I did all the work and oh put his name at the bottom of the emails!!) looked at google au and typed in hydraulic lifts or fork lift trucks which is the area my oh is an engineer in and I think the site we found best was Hotfrog and it basically listed all the companies dealing in lifts and from that we looked on their websites and then sent a box standard email asking if there was any job vacancies as we were looking to emigrate and said oh had experience of work in their area etc and from that we got emails back showing interest so we sent oh's cv and from that with emails back and forth since christmas we have just started the visa process and have had letter of job and contract etc. I think we've been lucky and were in the right place at the right time but even if you have to send 50 emails and cv's it'll be worth it.:jiggy:

Good luck and keep going.

Donna :wubclub:

Archived