Buying a family car in Sydney

CrozierFamily

Hi folks

I am looking into purchasing a car when I get to Australia (in a few months). I am going to need to buy something decent as we have two small children and I want something safe and reliable for my wife. I am thinking having looked at prices I am hoping I can get some kind of finance with a budget of about $600 a month.

Can anyone recommend any good dealers or used car places that offer good deals on finance, and also what kind of deposit you need to put down, or credit history you need to demonstrate to get car finance?

Ideally I would like to get either a wagon, or a SUV like a Holden Captiva or a Commodore Wagon. If anyone has any ideas or recommendations I am all ears!

As a random aside, I have heard Australia does not have ISOFIX seatbelt points in their cars, is that true?

Cheers,

Andrew

Dealers or used car places, it's hard to recommend any particular one. There are tons of places on the Parramatta Rd but really they're all over the place

I don't know about off-the-street car finance as haven't had to get hold of it but I know others have so hopefully they can help.

ISOFIX seats are not (yet) legal here unfortunately, you will need to buy Aussie standard ones. Cars don't routinely come with ISOFIX mounts as a result, although almost all European ones and most Japanese cars will have them as they're engineered for the global market

Archived