Declaration form

Xeneminie

My friend is coming to Australia on WHV, now she is bringing her grand dads ashes with her to spread them here, as he always wanted to visit.

What will be the go with? Will she need to declare him or something else?

I don't know anyone who's gone through something similar, so wanted to know if anyone has any advice?

Thank you in advance.

Does your friend not have internet lol.

Anyways, afaik they are fine according to others who have taken them in. Best carried in hand luggage. Its usually the container they are in that is more likely to draw attention. If its made of wood for example. When landing in Aus it is safer to declare the ashes if she is worried and defo declare the urn if its wood or some such. If needs be it can be treated for a fee so it will be allowed to go on in to Aus.

There is this also

http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex_casecontent.asp?intNodeId=8153897&intCommodityId=587

Plenty of people on here have posted about taking ashes into Australia. If you use the forum search I am sure you can find them and put minds at rest.

She has internet, but her laptop is not working :/ She's not going to get a new one as in 4 weeks she will be leaving England. Plus she does not have an account with this forum, and it takes too long on her phone to load, so I'm helping her out, which I really don't mind because I really can't wait for her to get here, I have not seen my best friend in over 2 years now :(

Archived