457-Permanent Visa (Tip)

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi Guys

Just thought I would share this with you.

If your coming on a 457 visa with the view to going perm & have been married before MAKE sure you bring a certified copy of the first marriage certificate with you. They dont ask for this on 457 application.

We had to sent in a copy of our certified divorce papers for 457 application but for perm they want first marriage certificate certified:arghh:

So after a quick call to the Uk my SIL has got us copies & is sending them to us & our agent will certify them:yes:. Panic over I was frantic today.

Janette

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Janette

What a nit-picking pain about the first marriage certificate.

However, does this mean that DIAC are processing your 856 application with great speed and efficiency?

Cheers

Gill

Guest chrissy63

Would this be the same for an employer sponsored PR. My hubby has been married before and does not have a copy of marriage cert and ex is unlikely to be co operative hasn't been for the last 17 years. Has all of his divorce papers though. How and where do we get one from before we leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi Chrissy

Yes it does apply to employer sponsor visa as thats what we are applying for. Just go to the deaths births marriages place in whatever area he got married in. They will give him a copy of the certificate for £13.50 but make sure the certificate & divorce papers are both certified.

Gill no I wish its the agent thats asking for this our visa should be lodged by friday.

Janette

Hi Jeanette,

Thanks for that doesnt apply to us but grateful for any info. Will be following your progress closely as this is what we will be doing in 18 months all being well.

Em x

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Your very welcome as a say this was new to us. Saw agent today says it might have to be originals well I aint got originals so will update you when I get them sent over. As I said the CO might not even ask for them but better to be prepared than have a delay because of this.

Janette

Guest chrissy63

Absolutely my employer said will start process with me re PR after 3 months so will want to take as much info with us as we can to save on delays and headaches.

Good Luck guys !!

Guest chrissy63

Thanks so much Mrs B

OH contacted Births, Deaths and Marriages here yesterday and he can get another marriage cert just needs to give them all the info and pay £7.50

Are you getting the copies of your marriage cert and divorce papers certified in oz or uk.

Good luck

Guest billy braveheart

Ill answer for janette lol we had our respective divorce papers certified in uk before we came but just didnt think they would ask for our first marriage certificates as it never asked for that in 457 visa application dont see what that has to do with anything but thats what they want,so were getting them sent to us and having them certified by our agent here

billy

Guest perthect
Ill answer for janette lol we had our respective divorce papers certified in uk before we came but just didnt think they would ask for our first marriage certificates as it never asked for that in 457 visa application dont see what that has to do with anything but thats what they want,so were getting them sent to us and having them certified by our agent here

billy

you can also them from the court,you just give them the names and dates over the phone and they will send if to you, for fifteen pounds.

Archived