Catchment areas for schools in wa

Wendy Thorp

Hi this is just a bit of info for anyone out there, if you are like me and been looking for schools in and around perth, and more importantly the areas in which you need to live to attend which school? I have looked everywhere and even going onto alot of the individual schools websites, only a few seem to include there catchment area on them. Which makes it very difficult if you are researching a place to live, as obviously schools go towards that decision. Eventually i have found that if you go on the website:-

http://www.det.wa.edu.au/schoolsonline

you can type in an area and it will come up with what public schools are in that area, if you then click on the school, it will give you some info about the school, you then need to click on the local intake area button which is on the lefthand side, this will then take you to a description of the intake areas, but some also include a map for you to click on and it will open up as a pdf file.

hope this is some help for some of you out there, as i know i sure would of liked the answer to this question over the past few weeks, havent made it easy to find!

Hi kev, no we are still here just prepping to go, we fly on the 8th of July and planning to be around north of the river, we are a family of four, one in primary and one in high school, how about you? you over there yet? where abouts are you planning on going to, what kids do you have? if your not there already you are only round the corner from us, i took my driving test in chorley! only because i had taken it 5 times in preston and failed, so thought i would try out a different area!! wendy