Hiya

Guest djwhisky

Guest djwhisky

Hi there!

My girlfriend and I met in Sydney when we were both backpacking around the world just over 2 years ago. We ended up spending the next 5 months together in Sydney and then up the East Coast (as every backpacker does!)

We're now back in the UK and yearning for Australia - everytime we see it on TV we kind of get homesick!! We've probably got rose-tinted glasses as I remember when we were over there we both missed nice English country-pubs, decent beer and decent TV!

We've both said that we're going to give it a couple of years and then re-assess our situation over here and, if we've got enough money behind us, look at moving over to Oz for a couple of years to give it a go...

Just interested to see how it all goes for peeps and see what the probs etc are in doing it!

Cheers

James

Guest davy

Hi James,

I know what you mean, I was the same when I first moved, loved it at first and then began to miss home back in old blighty. I have to say the first year was the worst but now I would not dream of returning home. My home is Australia and I love it!. Of course its different and I can say it took me and the wife three years to feel relatively settled. I really depends n what you are looking for.....

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi James,

my husband and I have just returned from a year in OZ. We had planned to move to Spain as new we didn't want to live in England, but Spain wasn't what we expected.

Like you we are now yearning for Oz, we know we like it over there just worried about missing home and especially family. It's so far. Don't know how to make the decision.

I guess it does depend what you are looking for, doesnt' help when it is 6th June and it's raining!

Julia

Archived