Best area to stay on the Great Ocean Road

DBC

Help please...!

My mum and stepdad are going to be here in late Sept/early Oct and it'll be the first time they've been when I'm not either pregnant or having just had a baby so we're very excited about doing a few trips with them. I've got a few days to Ballarat planned and also want to take them to the Great Ocean Road. There are many towns that we could stay in but wondered if anyone had any recommendations as to which they have been to and preferred.

My little girl will be 2 and a bit when we go and the new arrival (due in 4 weeks) will be around 8-9 months - so somewhere close to a beach, town for shopping, not too far from the 12 Apostles would be ideal. We're probably looking at a caravan park to get a 3 bed cabin for all of us (hotels work out very expensive) and they tend to have good facilities for the kids.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Have a look at Fauna Australia wildlife retreat they have cabins and reasonably priced we planned on staying there on our recent trip but unfortunately was fully booked on the dates we had in mind was really disappointed As was best value we had found and you get individual time with koala and other tame wildlife just roaming around

mem

Hi

We went down the Great Ocean Road in November and stayed in Apollo Bay (4 adults). We really enjoyed it there - lots of options for accommodation. Just be aware that most restaurants stop serving around 8pm so ensure you either book or find somewhere relatively early. Here is a link to where we stayed - self serviced apt which we found great value for money http://www.greatoceanroadtrip.com/cgi-bin/rez60load.pl?0052/ab0052.html The owner was really friendly and recommended places for us to go. It was only a 5 minute walk into the promenade/shops/beach of Apollo Bay so no one had to drive to restuarants in the evenings.

Hope that's of some help!

Hi

We went down the Great Ocean Road in November and stayed in Apollo Bay (4 adults). We really enjoyed it there - lots of options for accommodation. Just be aware that most restaurants stop serving around 8pm so ensure you either book or find somewhere relatively early. Here is a link to where we stayed - self serviced apt which we found great value for money http://www.greatoceanroadtrip.com/cgi-bin/rez60load.pl?0052/ab0052.html The owner was really friendly and recommended places for us to go. It was only a 5 minute walk into the promenade/shops/beach of Apollo Bay so no one had to drive to restuarants in the evenings.

Hope that's of some help!

We also stayed in Apollo Bay with a our one year old son about two months ago...the place we stayed was by no means absolutely luxury but it was a really friendly place with a short stroll to the beautiful Apollo Bay beach and shops etc...

Cant wait to go back.

Archived