Hotel jobs

Guest Louise85

Guest Louise85

Hi all.

Bit new to all this so bear with me.

I have obtained my one year working visa with hoping to get sponsorship to stay.

I am moving to Townsville and wondering where to look for jobs in hotel. I am a trained hotel reception manager but any job on reception or front of house jobs is what I am after.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks Lou :-)

Guest katie007

Townsville has a number of Hotels / Motels, you just have to door knock and see who is offering what, not my area the Hospitality Skills but possible after your 6-Months of working you may gain assistance to be Sponsored, if you meet DIAC Guidelines.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Lou I will move this to the WHV section of the forum. Can I ask why Townsville? You would have more chan e in Cairns I would think.

Guest Louise85
Hi Lou I will move this to the WHV section of the forum. Can I ask why Townsville? You would have more chan e in Cairns I would think.

My parents know a few people over in Australia and after talking to them they have advised best place to go is Townsville. If not Townsville than Hamilton island. At the moment I'm heading for Townsville as its the type of place id like to be but any help on other parts will be greatly received.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen quite a few jobs advertised for front desk jobs at hotels, but only in really touristy places (and Townsville isn't one of them!). I think you'd be better off going to Darwin, Cairns etc or smaller towns along the coast that still have plenty of tourists coming through. Bear in mind that most firms will ask for a 3 month commitment unless it's a specific (for example) 1 month contract. Hamilton Island would be a lovely experience and would give you a chance to see and do things easily on your days off.