help areas in NSW

Chalky4388

Please HELP we are looking to arrive in oz in december and everywhere looks amazing on the internet. We live in a small sea side town in scotland and want the same over there. We need to live fairly near a TAFE college for my husbands job and a good primary school for my 6 and 4 year old.But at the moment we love the look of Port Macquarie, Sawtell,Avoca beach and coffs harbour. Thanks T

Guest wannabeinoz

Have spent a lot of time near Coffs/Sawtell, my step son lives in Bellingen (20 mins inland from Coffs) and the whole area is just beautiful! WHEN we finally get our visa's we are moving there.

Depends on what you want - more residential or rural, but there are some fab beachy but rurally places 30 mins from Coffs - place called Valla/Nambucca Heads. (or anywhere along the coast from Coffs down to Nambucca)

Sawtell is lovely too - nice vibe, and close enough to TAFE/airport/coffs central...

I know in Coffs they have a Steiner school - depends if thats your cup of tea or not.

Bellingen is amazing - its by the river, small community feel, plenty of family run things near by, and only 20 mins from many beaches. Bellingen Community Noticeboard - advertise free club, services, trades or Bellingen On-line, accommodation, business and community links in the Bellingen Shire

I just love the feel of the place, its real friendly, plenty of family orientated opportunities and good house prices!

I could waffle on all day...Hope you find your dream destination...

Clare xx

Archived