Mt isa

paul566

Guest The Pom Queen

I guess you must have a job in the mines or as a mechanic. We have just got back from there, it's a large town (they class it as a city) miles from anywhere. I do like it though but we love the outback. Are you going with children and if so how old

Guest Jane8927

Hi Paul,

I arrive in Mount Isa on the 1st November, my hubby has been there since June this year and he loves it there... You are very welcome to message me once I am there.

I am looking forward to the adventure..... :)

Jane

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jane8927

Quick Update:

I arrived in Mount Isa last Thursday, journey from Manchester to here was long but I thought Singapore Airlines were fantastic, hit by a wall of heat as we got off the plane in Mount Isa 40 degree heat, but I love it....

Surfing the net on Sunday Night spotted an accounts position available, so I thought what the heck I'll send off my CV, got a call Monday Morning for an interview on Tuesday started work today, Fantastic I haven't even been here a week and got a job.

The only downside for me, is that we took so long to do decide to come here should have done it years ago, my son he is 15 I contacted the local schools they only have 3 weeks left of school here this year and one of them is for exams, so he cannot enrol until January next year, would really liked it if he could have started school to make some new friends as he is pretty homesick at the moment.

My hubby came to Australia 4 months before we did and although I missed him terrible, it really has worked out great for us, I got off the plane and everything was done, house and car sorted, bank accounts etc... so no stress for me,

I love it here :) would recommend the move to anyone.

Guest The Pom Queen
Quick Update:

I arrived in Mount Isa last Thursday, journey from Manchester to here was long but I thought Singapore Airlines were fantastic, hit by a wall of heat as we got off the plane in Mount Isa 40 degree heat, but I love it....

Surfing the net on Sunday Night spotted an accounts position available, so I thought what the heck I'll send off my CV, got a call Monday Morning for an interview on Tuesday started work today, Fantastic I haven't even been here a week and got a job.

The only downside for me, is that we took so long to do decide to come here should have done it years ago, my son he is 15 I contacted the local schools they only have 3 weeks left of school here this year and one of them is for exams, so he cannot enrol until January next year, would really liked it if he could have started school to make some new friends as he is pretty homesick at the moment.

My hubby came to Australia 4 months before we did and although I missed him terrible, it really has worked out great for us, I got off the plane and everything was done, house and car sorted, bank accounts etc... so no stress for me,

I love it here :) would recommend the move to anyone.

I'm jealous, I so want to come back and do a lot of the forby tracks. Head off to the Poison Lake, the blue lake and spend a day at Lake Moondarra (there are BBQs down there)

Lake_Moondarra_Sunset.jpg

Congratulations on the job, great work. Can you not beg and plead with the school, that was one good thing about the one up here they let the boys join in the final 2 weeks, this gave them chance to make friends over the holiday period. Also chat to people at work see if they have any kids who would take him under their wing. Or get him a job for the holidays.

Lake_Moondarra_Sunset.jpg

Archived