Quick Q - Hayfever tablets

LittleLakeGirl

My apologies for posting this as I'm sure I've seen it mentioned on the boards before but I can't find it via the search box: Do either I or my husband need a prescription to bring over the counter hay fever tablets into Australia? I tend to keep them in the first aid kit as they're useful for other things (like sand fly bites etc) but I was sure I read you can only get them on prescription over there. If it is the case I'll leave them out of the first aid kit and pop to my Docs for a prescription before I leave.

Thanks

My apologies for posting this as I'm sure I've seen it mentioned on the boards before but I can't find it via the search box: Do either I or my husband need a prescription to bring over the counter hay fever tablets into Australia? I tend to keep them in the first aid kit as they're useful for other things (like sand fly bites etc) but I was sure I read you can only get them on prescription over there. If it is the case I'll leave them out of the first aid kit and pop to my Docs for a prescription before I leave.

Thanks

Try reading this thread as it looks like people are buying Anti histamines over the counter

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/health/164320-exhorbitant-cost-anit-histamines.html

Brilliant, that's great, so it was cost rather than availability that was the issue, I knew I'd read something but couldn't remember what. Thinking if we've got room I might stock up. Though if Aldi is anything like over here then they might sell them too??

Yes we are going to stock up a bit (remember to check expiray dates!) we will also be stocking up on razor blades as I have seen a thread saying they are expensive!

Good luck:smile:

Archived