evisitor visa

Sticks

You cannot just apply for a Bridging Visa (unless you become unlawful - which I don't recommend!). The Bridging visa is granted as a consequence of lodging an onshore visa application. I can see you've lodged an offshore Partner visa, so if you want to stay longer in Australia it will likely be a quick trip out and back to get another 3 months or making an application for a further Tourist visa in Australia.

Christel Dajcz

Registered Migration Agent (MARN) 1066568

Australian Migration & Visa Lawyers

Guest GeorgeD

Yup, you can't get a bridging visa based on an Offshore visa application.

You can leave and come back (assuming immigration let you back in...it should be OK first time, but if you have been in and out of Oz recently as a tourist then you will attract attention.)

Alternatively, you can apply for the 676 tourist visa to extend your stay as a tourist without having to leave. Not sure if you need to leave while that is in progress (although processing time should be quick) http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/

Yup, you can't get a bridging visa based on an Offshore visa application.

You can leave and come back (assuming immigration let you back in...it should be OK first time, but if you have been in and out of Oz recently as a tourist then you will attract attention.)

Alternatively, you can apply for the 676 tourist visa to extend your stay as a tourist without having to leave. Not sure if you need to leave while that is in progress (although processing time should be quick) http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/

So would it be better to apply for a 676 visa over here,than to apply in australia before my evistors visa runs out,While i am out in Aus!

Guest GeorgeD

It's up to you...you could just apply for a 6 or 12 month 676 from the UK rather than the eVisitor. I know of other members here who have used the 6 month one before to wait out the spouse visa processing time and no medical was required. Don't know about the 12 month one

It's up to you...you could just apply for a 6 or 12 month 676 from the UK rather than the eVisitor. I know of other members here who have used the 6 month one before to wait out the spouse visa processing time and no medical was required. Don't know about the 12 month one

i would be looking at a 12mth,now the processing time is 8/9 mths now.i will be taking my med's next tuesday for my spouse visa,would i have to take it again if i was to go for the 12 mth 676 visa!Thanks for your advice so far,it's good to have someone so knowledgable on this site as you:notworthy:.

Guest GeorgeD
i would be looking at a 12mth,now the processing time is 8/9 mths now.i will be taking my med's next tuesday for my spouse visa,would i have to take it again if i was to go for the 12 mth 676 visa!Thanks for your advice so far,it's good to have someone so knowledgable on this site as you:notworthy:.

Aw shucks, I'm blushing now!

Not sure if you'd need to do the meds again...not sure if you'd need to do meds at all in fact...the website only says you may need a medical...I haven't heard of anyone from the UK on this forum being asked to do a medical for this visa (although someone will no doubt be along in a minute to prove me wrong!) If you are over 75 then you will need to do one, but I'm guessing that isn't the case.

There have been a few here who have done the 6 month visa with no problems. I can't recall anyone using the 12 month one, but I don't see why it would be any different.

Aw shucks, I'm blushing now!

Not sure if you'd need to do the meds again...not sure if you'd need to do meds at all in fact...the website only says you may need a medical...I haven't heard of anyone from the UK on this forum being asked to do a medical for this visa (although someone will no doubt be along in a minute to prove me wrong!) If you are over 75 then you will need to do one, but I'm guessing that isn't the case.

There have been a few here who have done the 6 month visa with no problems. I can't recall anyone using the 12 month one, but I don't see why it would be any different.

Cheers George:biggrin:

Archived