189 Document Checklist plus Doing PCC & Meds before CO allocation?

Guest VolatileVortex

Guest VolatileVortex

Hi Guys,

I will be submitting my EOI tomorrow. We are expats in Dubai but originally from India. As part of planning the road ahead in the immigration process, I thought of preparing a checklist for once the invite hopefully comes through. I'm doing this because we will be going on a short trip to India soon and if there is ANY document missing or that needs organized, it will have to be done while we are there. So can the experts pls skim through the below and tell me what is missing? Just one point - I am currently unemployed so will not be showing any docs for current work experience...

1) Passport for me and spouse

2) Marriage Certificate

3) My educational documents

4) My work experience document (Statutory Declaration by my Supervisor, on stamp paper and notarized - the same one that was submitted to and approved by ACS)

5) Appointment Letter, Promotion Letter, Service Letter, Resignation Letter, Contract

6) Pay Slips - total 8 payslips available from the 4 years and 4 months of experience that I'm claiming, Tax Returns - 1 certificate for each of the 4 years, Bank Statements - available for each month of the 4 years and 4 months claimed

7) IELTS Certificate

8) Legal Document linking my previous (single) name on educational certificates to current full name (first name and surname) which is on current passport/ACS/IELTS

9) Letter from spouses university confirming studying in Australia for one year in English - I am using this instead of IELTS for my spouse and not claiming partner points

10) Character Form

Qs1 - I am not planning to attest any of the above documents but submit coloured scans of the original documents-I guess that will be okay? If not, I have to get stuff attested while in India as it is very expensive doing it from UAE.

Qs 2 - Important qs that I have is, will the stat declaration provided to ACS be enough for DIAC too along with payslips, bank stats, letters etc? Or is there ANY other stat declaration or docs required (I cannot get docs directly from HR or on the company letterhead unfortunately).

Qs 3 - My partner and I are trying to conceive and going by current predictions for 60 pointers who submit their EOI by 7-8th Oct, an invite is likely to come by Jan at the latest and hopefully CO should be allocated by March. Should I be doing medicals now (meaning in Oct or Nov) as once I'm pregnant it will not be possible? Or should I wait for CO to be allocated and then inform them about the baby which means the visa will be delayed?

Qs 4 - I am aware that the first entry date will be by 12 months after meds or pcc is done, whichever is earlier. Lets say for example I do medicals on 1st November, receive UAE PCC by 1st Jan but India PCC by 1st Feb then what will be the first entry date likely to be...Oct 30th 2013?

Qs 5 - UAE PCC is valid for 3 months only. Will DIAC accept this though after the 3 months expire as they consider a 12 month expiry date for PCCs? In other words, are all PCCs valid for 12 months from issue date irrespective of what the particular country puts as an expiry date?

Looking forward to your expert opinions. Many thanks.

VV

Archived