JUSWANABGONE

Guest THE JONEZYS

Guest THE JONEZYS

HI TO ALL,

IS THERE ANY ONE OUT THERE AT LODGEMENT STAGE? OUR APPLICATION WAS LODGED WITH DIMMIA ON 27/03/06 AND WE ARE WAITING TO BE TOLD TO GET OUR MEDICALS, WE HAVE HAD OUR POLICE CHECKS DONE ALREADY AS FRIENDS WAITED THE FULL 40 DAYS FOR REPLY AND WE THOUGHT WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO SAVE TIME BY HAVING THEM DONE AND READY AS WE PLAN ON GETTIN OUT OF THIS COUNTRY ASAP. WE ARE USING AN AGENT WHO HAS SAID TO WAIT UNTILL TOLD TO HAVE MEDICALS BUT I'M IMPATIENT AND WANT TO GO YESTERDAY!! HAS ANY ONE ELSE HAD MEDICALS DONE B4 BEIN TOLD?

WE ARE IN ESSEX AT THE MOMENT MY HUBBIES A BRICKIE SO WE ARE GOIN ON HIS SKILLS, I WORK IN A SECONDARY SCHOOL AS A LEARNING SUPPORT TEACHER. WE ARE LOOKING TO SETTLE IN MELBOURNE AND HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT AN AREA CALLED BERWICK DOES ANYONE KNOW IT. WE ARE HOPING TO BE IN OZ AROUND SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 06 TIME AND PLAN ON HAVING ANOTHER TRAVEL AROUND TO MAKE SURE MELBOURNES THE PLACE FOR US. WE HAVE 3 BOYS AGED 19/18/07 AND I WOULD JUST LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE GOIN THROUGH THE SAME :? RANGE OF EMOTIONS WE R AT THE MOMENT (I DONT THINK THERE R ENOUGH ICONS TO COVER THEM ALL) THANX, LESLEY

Guest Nelson

Hiya Lesley.. Like you, we just want to outtahere!! We have just got to sell our house but, hopefully, that will be going through soon. Do you have a property to sell?

We have three children too but the eldest (18) has decided to stay in U.K. for Uni!

We didn't use an agent but I would suggest you phone and book you medicals for x number of weeks time.. At least you feel proactive then!

Keep us posted, we're a friendly bunch!!

Guest Hayley

Just wanna be there too!!

We posted ours in the 1st week of march and were requested to go for our meds beginging of june. Hubbies trade is on modl and applying for 136. We were told not to go for our meds b4 they were requested as dimia do not appreciate it. We did request police checks beforre though.

Hopefully heading for melbourne too in sep06. Going to go to hoppers crossing area first then find were to settle from there.

When we phoned to book our meds though they didnt have any appts for nearly a month which was a bit annoying!!

Hi and welcome to Poms!

We had our visa app acknowledged 11/4/06, I too am impatient and against our agents advice got pcc s done and meds done and sent off. (actually I sent the pcc s to our agent and he will send them once requested)

I have noticed on the website http://www.austimeline.com front loaded app s when skills are on MODL take less time than when waiting to have them requested. The down side to frontloading your app is that the meds and pcc are dated so once you have your visa the year you get to activate it is based on the dates on them. I hope this makes sense!

We are hoping to be in Perth before Christmas! :D

Good luck, Beki :wink:

Guest THE JONEZYS

THANX FOR ALL OF YOUR QUICK REPLIES. I THINK 2MORO I WILL B ON THE PHONE TO AGENT 1st THING AND GET LIST OF WHERE TO HAVE MEDICS DONE AND GET THINGS MOVING ALONG. WE R NOT WORRIED ABOUT THEM ONLY LASTING A YEAR AS WE R PLANNING TO GO AS SOON AS. WE STILL HAVE HOUSE TO SELL THOUGH, IT WAS ALL DONE N DUSTED AND WE WERE MOVING IN WITH MY MUM TILL WE GOT OUR VISAS. THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN ON JULY 7th THEN 2 WEEKS AGO OUR BUYERS BUYER PULLED OUT SO 2DAY WE WENT BACK ON THE MARKET. JUST SOMTHING ELSE TO LAY AWAKE THINKIN ABOUT, STILL IF I KEEP TAKING THE PILLS LIKE THE DOC SAYS THEN THEY MIGHT LOOSEN MY ARMS IN THIS JACKET......IT WOULD MAKE IT A LOT EASIER TO TYPE THEN :wink: :wink:

Guest scoop

Hi Jonezys

Welcome. My app was lodged 20/03/06 was informed by agents to sort meds and PCC, cash flow holding things at mo but will get on to that soon as! Heading for Qld myself with my little boy 2 and three dogs!

Hope your plans go well hun :D

i don't think the emotional roller coaster settles until you have been there a couple of years :shock:

Good luck with it all hun

SCoop

x

Guest THE JONEZYS
Just wanna be there too!!

We posted ours in the 1st week of march and were requested to go for our meds beginging of june. Hubbies trade is on modl and applying for 136. We were told not to go for our meds b4 they were requested as dimia do not appreciate it. We did request police checks beforre though.

Hopefully heading for melbourne too in sep06. Going to go to hoppers crossing area first then find were to settle from there.

When we phoned to book our meds though they didnt have any appts for nearly a month which was a bit annoying!!

HI HAYLEY, I have actually been to HOPPERS CROSSING my cousin lived there and we stayed with her, just for a couple of days. It was nice where she was and there was a decent shopping mall 5 minutes away but then that seems to be the case every where in OZ.

I rang our agents about meds 2day & they told me the same as yours did but I got them to send me the list of places we can use. I have spent the rest of the day on the phone trying to book appointments for us all. Can you tell me, are the charges pretty much standard, i've been quoted 190.00 each for our meds & 90 for our youngest. On top of that we would have to pay for chest xrays (can any one give me an idea of what these cost) and post & packing fees so I would imagine we are looking at around a grand for the four of us, would this be about right?.

I've also just downloaded the forms. I thought we were done with form filling but hey ho the rows caused by these can't be any worse than the near divorce causing scenes caused by the skills assesment forms so we had best just get down to it I spose.

Lesley

Guest Hayley

Hi Lesley, I know what you mean we went thorugh the same with the skills assesment...suprised were still together to go!! :lol:

We had our xrays done yesterday 75.00 each!!

Then been quoted 120 each for meds, 30 for blood tests and 30 for courier fees so 180 the lot. Got these on Thurs.

Wish we had got our police checks done before as we are waiting on them now. :x

We have sold our house so we best get in now. The people buying will wait till Sep so we need a yes soon. No one wants our dog living with them!!

Hubby has some family in Hoppers which is why we are going there first. Best to know people to help you settle in. Ive never been to oz so not commiting myself to anywhere. Been telling him I will decide where to settle when we get out there!!

How do the children feel about the move? Its a big step for them. I'm sure it will be a much better lifestyle out there for them though.

Speak soon

Hayley :D

Guest THE JONEZYS
Hi Lesley, I know what you mean we went thorugh the same with the skills assesment...suprised were still together to go!! :lol:

We had our xrays done yesterday 75.00 each!!

Then been quoted 120 each for meds, 30 for blood tests and 30 for courier fees so 180 the lot. Got these on Thurs.

Wish we had got our police checks done before as we are waiting on them now. :x

We have sold our house so we best get in now. The people buying will wait till Sep so we need a yes soon. No one wants our dog living with them!!

Hubby has some family in Hoppers which is why we are going there first. Best to know people to help you settle in. Ive never been to oz so not commiting myself to anywhere. Been telling him I will decide where to settle when we get out there!!

How do the children feel about the move? Its a big step for them. I'm sure it will be a much better lifestyle out there for them though.

Speak soon

Hayley :D

Hi Haley, well the kids actually can't wait, especially the youngest as he is the only one to have been out there. We went for 7 weeks over xmas/newyear 05/06 and the big two stayed at home. I think they thought all that time with a free house would be much more fun than... to quote "being dragged round OZ having our cheeks pulled by relations they've never met" so we took my mum with us instead, we hadn't even got 20 miles up the M25 when they were on the phone. We actually got to a stage while in OZ where they were missing us and us them that we were goin to use the credit cards to book flights for them to come out there but after about a fortnight they had settled into a routine and were doing fine so we left them to it and in the end my house was still standing when we got home although only because the mound of washing and ironing was propping the walls up. They have though regretted not coming with us and can't wait to get out there, it's been quite a difficult year for them since we started the application process as I think they just feel they are in limbo and can't make any plans untill they know for sure that we are going.

I can't wait to show them the place as I just know they will love it and we will let them have a say in where we finally settle. I am lucky enough to have family in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaid and Queensland. We think we like Melbourne best mainly because the climate is cooler and the family that I am closes to live there but we want to get up to Brisban and have a look as a few friends have gone out there over the last year and settled in that area so we will have to see.

Bye for now

Lesley

Archived