hi all

Guest emiluash

Guest emiluash

hi all :lol:

we are newbies to this site...

im emma my hubby is mike we have 3 children 2girls 1 boy...

hoping to be out there in nov 06...just sold house, so coming up to the last hurdle now of booking flights and things :?

we were going to settle in perth area..but are now having second thoughts cos the house prices over there are rising beyond belief :shock: :shock:

so we are looking at melbourne too..or surrounding areas..

does anyone have any info on melbourne, adelaide ... or victoria, good areas and bad this would be fab!

i have checked the real estate sites and stuff but when your not sure of the areas its a bit tricky :oops:

husband is a precision engineer (toolmaker) so need to be near the ind i suppose

cheers

em n mike :wink:

Guest scoop

Hi Guys

Welcome to Poms :D

Not heading that way myself but look out for Missiemo she's just landed in Melbourne.

Good luck with your plans.

Regards

SCoop

x

Guest Hayley

Hi emma and mike,

Welcome to the site. I take it ur visas have been granted? Nov will come round quick!!

Hubby Paul and I are just going through process. We have been for our xrays today then got rest of medical on thurs. All going well we are hoping to head to melbourne in sep 06. House is already sold so will have nothing else today when (if) we get the ok.

We are going to go to Hoppers crossing/werribee area first. House prices are fairly reasonable there, so if we like it gonna settle there! A lot of people seem to be looking at points cook, a fairly new area, prices are reasonable there too. Hubby has been over there and has family in hoppers and he really likes it there. He is a welder and there is plenty of work for him in that area.

Hope this helps

Hayley

Guest emiluash

hi hayley and scoop

hayley can you tell us rough prices on houses out there maybe in the area that your going to?

:wink: cheers

emma

Guest Hayley

Hi Emma,

All depends what you want really we have been looking at new places 3-4 beds and they range from aud $ 250000.00 - 310000.00 (100000.00 - 125000.00 sterling)

Qutie good compare to the prices here. The areas we have looked at these prices are hoppers crossing, tarneit, werribee & laverton. Never been there so taking hubbies word that these are nice areas!!

:D

Guest emiluash

hi hayley

how far rougly from melb are these areas?

its just that we have studied perth and dont know much bout these areas :oops: :oops:

thanks

emma

Guest Hayley

Hi Emma,

I'm going on what my hubby tells me and he says it 30-40 minutes. There is a railway link straight to Melbourne town centre. He has family in Hoppers crossing and by what they say the area has been developed quite a lot over the last few years. There seems to be a lot of new homes being built there. How far were you wanting to be out of the city?

Hayley :D

Archived