Secondary applicant on a 457 wanting to study to become a Teacher - Help please

Mogwai

Hi all,

Recently our plans have completely changed - we had planned on moving to WA on a 190 with my skill being the main applicant (Occupational Therapist).

WA have now taken OT off their sponsorship list, and within a week of hearing this news I had an email from a company in NSW asking me to interview for a role they had available. I interviewed via Skype and then in person, and was offered the job and a 457 visa for myself and my family.

The dilemma we have is that my husband is a Teaching Assistant here in the UK and would like to train to become a Primary School Teacher. We're aware of the international fees already and we have checked the website for Charles Sturt University for courses. Here in the UK he would be able to do his one year PGCE - is their an equivalent to this in Australia?, I can only find courses for Inclusive Teaching or a 4 year Honours degree - he already holds an Honours degree in English, so surely he wouldn't need to do the full 4 years?

We were wondering if any of you PIO'ers could shed any light if you have gone through similar?

Thanks in advance

Archived