bricklaying tools

fatman

Guest Guest76386

If your just talking hand tools. I would buy them there. Take up most your luggage allownace taking them. I purchased all my hand tools when i arrived in the UK and are roughly the same price in australia. There seems to be alot more selection in Oz tho.. Marsheltown trowels sell for around $65, There is plenty of cheaper replica ones that are just as good for $30. Stabila level will cost you around $80 mark sometimes you can pick them .Most hand tools you can purchase from Bunnings and are quite cheap. Bunnings stores are everywhere.They have lines, pins, hammers and basically everything. They tend to be a bit cheaper than the hardware stores. Hope helps

Guest Guest76386

It has slowed down. There is still plenty of jobs tho. I would recommend going around new estates and commercial sites when you arrive and stopping and chatting to brickies. The big guys that hire alot of brickies, a few off my head are Langy , prestie and burton do alot of the commercial jobs around brissie. They hire alot of trowels. you will find they dont hire out of the paper tho. There never seems to be a alot of jobs in the paper. Dropping in and and seeing them in person is your best option. My brother and I ran a crew of brickies for last 8yrs and we always just hired people that stopped in to see us and give them a go to see if they were any good when we needed a trowel.

The good thing about Australia is , it is still under populated and there will always be developments and building going on, its just getting your foot in the door. I think you will be surprised when you get there and see all the new estates going up. There is alot more going on there than here, I remember them saying at one stage they wanted to double the population in the next 15-20 yrs. that means lots of building.

You will find the going rate has dropped a bit, seems to be $32 a hour from what my brother has been telling me. It used to be around $38 a hour. If you travel with the teams when they go up Mackay and gladstone its good money.

Just drop round sites and say your looking for work and let them know your skills. Also you will find alot of blockwork getting done.

thanks again i was hoping there would still be a reasonable amount of work.

Appreciate any help,we are moving north of brisbane in november

thought about going up to mackay for work if can`t get work around brisbane alot of people working in mines around mackay but not easy to get into so i hear anyway thanks again

Archived