ending tax credits

TheGrahams

Has anyone else had any hassle ending theirs?

We leave on 11th October and are vacating our rental this weekend, so I tried to end our tax credits today. To which I was told I can't end it until the day we leave (I think I may have other things on my mind!) and I need to give a forwarding address so they can contact me in April and we can give a total income for the year INCLUDING any income earned in Aus.

Is it only me that thinks this a major pain the bum? And how can they take into account our Aus income when we won't be receiving tax credits from October anyway?

Has anyone else had any hassle ending theirs?

We leave on 11th October and are vacating our rental this weekend, so I tried to end our tax credits today. To which I was told I can't end it until the day we leave (I think I may have other things on my mind!) and I need to give a forwarding address so they can contact me in April and we can give a total income for the year INCLUDING any income earned in Aus.

Is it only me that thinks this a major pain the bum? And how can they take into account our Aus income when we won't be receiving tax credits from October anyway?

tell them you are giving up work which is true and will have no registered childcare to claim for.. they dont think things through very well and seem to have a set of info they rely on to process your claim.

Guest Trueblue22

They are a pain on the a**e with everything. I would just say you want to end it from today.

As for a forwarding address, just advise you'll let them know when you have one.

Archived