ACS classed my skill as on Schedule 2 of the SOL

MelbournePhom

So I got a positive skills assessment from the ACS, but they decided I am a Web Developer and not what I applied for, which is Developer Programmer. As Web Developer isn't on Schedule 1 of the consolidated skills list I can't submit an EOI for the 189 visa! Worse still, no states apart from ACT sponsor this skill so I can't apply to any of them for sponsorship. I've submitted my EOI for the 190 visa anyway, but I can't see any way I will get an invite from Victoria (my preferred state).

I have seeked professional advice on how I should proceed now, I could possibly get my skills assessment done again with more targeted references in the hope I get a positive skills assessment in a skill on Schedule 1 the second time around.

If anyone has any advice at all then let me know. Time to use a migration agent me thinks! Will let people know the outcome, I have found one or two old threads with this type of problem but no resolution was posted.

• 1 month later...
Guest Raja Shahzad Naveed

Sorry for the earlier reply . I wrote a long message and it did't get posted .

What programming languages you work with ?

Any how , you are right about ACT . but they need 7 in speaking and 7 overall ,

and as far as victoria is concerned , you need to have 7 in all bands for developer / programmer (why some one will bother ? they can apply for 189 if they have 7 in all each)

NSW needs 6 though , in each . but web developer is not there too , so whats is your plan ? you gona wait for your EOI to be processed ?

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visa-and-migration/skilled-sponsored-migration

• 2 weeks later...

Had some great news this morning, I reviewed my skills assessment with the ACS (I added a lot more evidence, basically a 1 page statement from each employer). And this morning I received a positive assessment as a Developer Programmer, the review only took 1 week. Chance I might get an invite on the next invitation round on the 15th of November.

Archived