Recently Moved to Melbourne

Hi Guys,

I moved to Melbourne nearly 3 weeks ago and really enjoying it so far. My girlfriend is still at home and is heading out in a few months but in the meantime I am on my own and it would be good to meet up with some people in a similar situation for a few beers. I am staying in Doncaster at the moment and moving to an apartment in Toorak next week but free to meet anywhere over the weekend for a coffee or a few beers?!

I am also looking to join a local footy (soccer) team so if anybody has any advice that would be great?

I am not bad player but want to join for social and fitness reasons!

Please reply or PM me.

Cheers,

Stephen

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Stephen

How's it going? I'm looking for some football/5 a side football too. Did you have any luck?

I've just moved to Melbourne a few weeks ago (with my fiancé - both late 20s) too and am moving to Prahran around the corner from Toorak in 2 weeks. Happy to meet up for a drink to talk about footie etc?! We might even risk watching an A-League game next weekend.

Anish

Guest Sparky4982

Hi guys, I'm Craig and 30 yrs old,

I'm coming to Melbourne on a WHV and would like to get to know a few peeps before arriving!

I've got distant family in Melbourne so visiting them first then gonna try get work.

As for 5 a side count me in ;)

Craig

Hi Guys,

I moved to Melbourne nearly 3 weeks ago and really enjoying it so far. My girlfriend is still at home and is heading out in a few months but in the meantime I am on my own and it would be good to meet up with some people in a similar situation for a few beers. I am staying in Doncaster at the moment and moving to an apartment in Toorak next week but free to meet anywhere over the weekend for a coffee or a few beers?!

I am also looking to join a local footy (soccer) team so if anybody has any advice that would be great?

I am not bad player but want to join for social and fitness reasons!

Please reply or PM me.

Cheers,

Stephen

Hey Stephen,

I know how you feel!!! I am here in Melbourne on my tod until my wife arrives in Jan. I am 34 from Manc and play a bit of 5 aside if you want details.

Likewise if anyone wants to head over to watch the Melbourne Victory vs Melbourne Heart game let me know

Cheers

Nigel

G'day fellas,

Still working on the 5 a side but Nigel if you have any advice it would be much appreciated ie. venues on evenings which have lights.

I went to a Meetup lastweek, see the link below, and met loads of nice people. There is another one happening in a few weeks which you could head along too. Its fairly casual and good to meet new people in a similar situation over a few beers. Some of the lads there also were interested in having a kickaround and we were all quick to emphasise we want it to be social, a runaround and not too competitive on a weeknight with a few beers afterwards. Most of us live in or near the city, if that is suitable for you? If you want me to contact you regarding footy or going for a few pints please PM me your mobile number.

I would be well up for going to the game between the two Melbourne teams next Friday. Its 7.30pm KO earliest I could get there would be 7pm ish so would struggle for beers before the game but definitly up for one or two afterwards?!

Here is the link to the Meetup site:

http://www.meetup.com/british-expats-melbourne/events/81687452/?a=co1_grp&rv=co1

Cheers,

Stephen

Cheers for the link - will try to pop down to the next one.

There is a outside astro pitch with lights in South Yarra (http://www.sysc.com.au).

If anybody wants to join me and my lady for the a-league game on friday - drop me a PM. I work in Southbank, so should be able to get outta work and have a drink or two before the game.

Hey Guys,

Sorry to pitch in but im dieing to meet some folk from the UK. I myself recently migrated down to the Eastern Suburbs on Boronia few months back. Im 30 now and my partner a few years younger.

I miss the UK pub atmosphere and the footy...i mean soccer and rugby. Let me know if i could join up in one of your teams!!!

Woohoo...finally.......!!!

Archived