Just short of minimum work experience for VIC sponshorship

MelbournePhom

Hi just wanted to see if anyone knows if the minimum work experience to apply for state sponsorship (for the 190 visa) is a completely strict rule.

I have 2 years 9 months experience a Developer Programmer, but need 3 years for this code in the Victorian state sponsorship list, and the last 1 year 3 months of this has been in Victoria, which is why I kind of feel they may not mind I am just 3 months short. I feel like I've got a real chance of getting an application as I have already stayed in Melbourne since I came over to Australia, and fully intend at this stage to stay for a lot longer!

Has anyone got any experience applying whilst just under the required limit? Just don't want to get immediately rejected and waste my time :wink:

Hey thanks I got a reply from them a couple of days back:

"In your circumstance, it would be fine to submit the online application as the work experience component would reach the minimum requirement during the assessment process."

So as long as you are in skilled work for your application, you can apply with 2 months less as by the time your application gets processed you will be over the minimum limit. Unforunately I'm not working at the moment by as soon as I get home and find a job I can submit my application.

Archived