OK, got my visa approval and . . .

spenner

. . . now I'm s***ing myself!

All of a sudden it's become very real. Still got a house up for sale, car for sale, container to book, house to clear, the oh to work her 3 months notice and they want me to start work asap!

Good grief, where do you start!

Oh and tell the family that we'll be leaving in 3 months time!

:chatterbox:

. . . now I'm s***ing myself!

All of a sudden it's become very real. Still got a house up for sale, car for sale, container to book, house to clear, the oh to work her 3 months notice and they want me to start work asap!

Good grief, where do you start!

Oh and tell the family that we'll be leaving in 3 months time!

:chatterbox:

Just been through it all myself mate. Best bet is to tell the family first. Ours have been amazing in the help that they have given us since we told them....my in-laws mainly. Looking after the kids whilst getting the house re-decorated etc etc which has been a god send especially as its the 6 weeks and they're off school. Feel so horrible that we've done nothing with them, but we'll all be in Oz by the end of October and they will break up from Oz school at the end of Dec and have another 6 weeks off....and we'll have a whole other country to explore.

My other bit of advice would be to do as much as you can as soon as you can so that you can enjoy the rest of your time in the UK with your OH. I fly a week on Monday with our son (10) and the missus and our daughter don't follow until the end of October and we've hardly seen nor spent any quality time together over the past 2 months.

Oh, and enjoy it. You'll be surprised how quickly the time goes between now and when you go.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure.

Guest guest30085

Firstly, congrats on the visa :jiggy:

Secondly, breathe . . . . . . :wink:

Make a list and more lists. Then pass them to someone you trust in the UK, get on a plane and go have an adventure :laugh: (thats my plan anyway).

Others will be along shortly with slightly better advice on planning :wink:

Good luck with your move x

Archived