Statuatory Declaration

Tanner76

Hi,

I have to write a stuatory declaration. Once I've finished I need to get it signed by a notary.

As I'm unsure what a notary is am I able to get it signed by a "professional" such as an accountant or does it always have to be a solicitor?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I have to write a stuatory declaration. Once I've finished I need to get it signed by a notary.

As I'm unsure what a notary is am I able to get it signed by a "professional" such as an accountant or does it always have to be a solicitor?

Thanks for your help!

I'm pretty sure if it specifies 'notary' then it'll need to be a solicitor who is a notary public. My local solicitor did it for copies of documents I had to submit. It costs, but not much at all. Better to get it done by the correct person than mess about. Look for a local solicitor and check their website.

Cheers

Ross

Thanks. Do the docs need to be signed in front of the solictor before they will sign them or can I sign mine before I go and get my wife to take the to the solicitor?

When we got ours done, we both had to go and sign them in front of the notary. We also used the appointment to get our documents certified (e.g. passport, birth certificate) as those also required notary sign off in the UK and it was cheaper to do it all in one go. It was one of the last things we did. I think there were other options like judge but we don't know any.

To find our notary, we did a Google search for our town name plus notary public and several came up.

Guest GeorgeD
Thanks. Do the docs need to be signed in front of the solictor before they will sign them or can I sign mine before I go and get my wife to take the to the solicitor?

Yes, you need to sign in front of them. They are witnessing that it is your signature, and that you are you! They'll normally ask for I'D like passport or drivers licence to confirm

Archived