filling form 80

rackspace

They want you to confirm ALL passports you have held current or which have expired.

For example, I currently hold UK and South African passports but also was a Zimbabwe passport holder up until 1992. I gave details of all 3 although I could not provide a passport number for full details for the Zimbabwean one as it was confiscated by the officials at Zimbabwe House in 1992 when I went to try and renew it....

For example, I currently hold UK and South African passports but also was a Zimbabwe passport holder up until 1992. I gave details of all 3 although I could not provide a passport number for full details for the Zimbabwean one as it was confiscated by the officials at Zimbabwe House in 1992 when I went to try and renew it....

Would love to hear why the back story.

Would love to hear why the back story.

A very long... story but to cut to the chase the Zimbabwe Government brought in a law which meant that if you had 1 foreign born parent you could not hold Zimbabwe Citizenship unless your formally renounced your right to citizenship of that foreign country.

I was left standing in Zimbabwe House in London passportless and in tears - not a pleasant sight!!

I got hold of the British Home Office and through my MP (I was living in Leyton, London at the time) I was given a UK travel document to tide me over until I could get a South African passport 4 months later (my father was born there but only lived in SA for 11 years as a child).

I now have the magic British Passport (Ancestry) and will never again take having a passport for granted!!! Sorry for boring you!

I am filling form 80 for the spouse visa. And I found this question.

3VaMx.png

What does it mean? Are they asking that whether I have any old/expired/invalid passport ? Or are they asking that I have passport of any other different country?

I didn't have the details of my expired passports so just put yes and for details I put unknown and it was fine.

A very long... story but to cut to the chase the Zimbabwe Government brought in a law which meant that if you had 1 foreign born parent you could not hold Zimbabwe Citizenship unless your formally renounced your right to citizenship of that foreign country.

I was left standing in Zimbabwe House in London passportless and in tears - not a pleasant sight!!

I got hold of the British Home Office and through my MP (I was living in Leyton, London at the time) I was given a UK travel document to tide me over until I could get a South African passport 4 months later (my father was born there but only lived in SA for 11 years as a child).

I now have the magic British Passport (Ancestry) and will never again take having a passport for granted!!! Sorry for boring you!

wow! thats most useless citizenship law i ever heard. why would you declare an existing citizen a non-citizen suddenly.

Archived