Advice needed skills assesed as a joiner

Guest Phil Hale

Guest Phil Hale

I was wondering if anyone would advice me what I will be requested to put forward to the the skills assessment people. I have booked on the IELTS on the 1st of september I wanted to complete this and gain the points before paying to get my skills assessed I am a self employed joiner in the UK looking to move to WA. I was thinking I could get a head start and try to get together as much information as possible that they may request.I would be grateful for any advice or information anyone may have.

We're in a similar situation, hubby did his IELTS on 4th Aug and we're awaiting the results before we submit the skill assessment as a carpenter and joiner. So far we've gathered references from some of the companies he's sub-contracted for (I think we've got 4) plus loads of earning statements (just like wage slips), a statutory declaration covering his self employment and another one covering a short period of employment before that where the company has long gone. He doesn't have an accoutant, but if you do get a reference from them. Some people talk about submitting photo's of some of the work you've done. Can't think of anything else at the mo but hope this get's you started!

Archived